Special rates and services for Contractors, Remodelers, Painters and Real Estate Professionals
Quality onsite or in-office, non-destructive testing for lead and other heavy metals using X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Analyzers
On April 22nd, 2010 the RRP Rule (a federal law) will require that contractors performing renovation, repair and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities
and schools built before 1978 must be certified and must follow specific work practices to prevent lead contamination.
Contractors have the following options
- Assume lead-based paint is present and use lead-safe work practices, or
- Use EPA approved test kits (which have limitations), or
- Hire a certified professional to check for lead based paint
Essco Safety Check provides a mobile, non-destructive, certified testing platform to test painted surfaces prior to renovation, repairing or painting a pre-1978 property, as directed by the EPA.
Essco Safety Check is all you need for your RRP Lead Inspection Services. We will save you time & money when complying with the new RRP ruling
Professional, certified lead inspectors and risk assessors will come to you site and use X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) analyzers to measure all required painted surfaces
Essco Safety Check is certified to do all your RRP & HUD Lead-based paint inspections in Washington State (Certification #0681)
- Save time & money
- Hassle-free lead inspection services
- Certified lead inspectors & risk assessors
- Non-Destructive XRF Analyzers
- Free data storage of all test results (EPA Compliance)
each additional 1/2-hour $75
A mobile, non-destructive, testing program designed to share elemental information
of any home or property that is being bought, sold or remodeled. We offer a step
by step reasonable approach to testing and providing data that can add value and
assurance that a home or property is reasonably safe from heavy metals. This includes:
- Initial Consultation
- a discussion of our testing methods, procedures and costs. This will also include
questions about the property, age of home, will children be living in the home,
- Visual Inspection of the home or property
- 5 to 10 minute walk through of the property. This will include a visual inspection
of the condition of the paint, impact surfaces and specific areas where children
may be present (bedrooms and play areas).
- XRF Testing or other laboratory testing
- XRF testing is a non-destructive testing method that can accurately identify lead
and other heavy metals. Our XRF analyzers can detect from 15 to 94 on the periodic
chart. We also have the ability to offer other laboratory testing services including
water, soil and dust analysis.
- Data analysis
- We utilize spectral analysis to positively identify if elements are present or
- Certification of inspection
- comes with a full-report, all XRF data, photography and spectral analysis.
Anyone who is buying or selling a home or property may be interested in this housing
inspection program. People who are doing remodeling or trying to flip a home may
be interested in this program. This program is designed for real-estate professionals
to gain and share knowledge of any home and property that is being bought or sold.
- Test wall and/or window sill in:
- Living Room
- Dining Room
- Master Bedroom
- Children's Bedroom(s)
- Other Areas
1-hour $200 (40 test max)
each additional 1/2-hour $60 per
each additional 1/2-hour $75
Pricing is per location and is based on a 25-mile radius from our office and requires signed contract. Addition travel expenses apply for more travel. Prices may change without notice.
Inspection reports take up to 48-hours for delivery. Same day reporting add $50.
Up to five paint chip samples tested for $40.00 - Simply bring us paint chip samples
from any home or property you would like to have tested and we will test immediately
on-site at our office location.
Single paint chip test $10.00
- Added value to the sale of a home or property
- Non-destructive X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) testing
- Gain knowledge about potential remodel areas of homes
- Full report about lead and other heavy metals to share with clients
- Low cost, efficient, on-site testing by certified inspectors